Your privacy is critically important to us. At Odyssia Learning we have a few fundamental principles:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
- In our blogging products, we aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what’s visible to the public, seen by search engines, kept private, and permanently deleted.
What information do we collect?
Odyssia Learning collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Odyssia Learning’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how our visitors use our website. From time to time, we may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
We also collect potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on our blogs. We only disclose logged-in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that blog commenter IP addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog where the comment was left.
We collect information from you when your register on our website or fill out a form. When ordering or registering on our website, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name or e-mail address. You may however, visit our website anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Odyssia Learning websites choose to interact with us in ways that require us to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that we gather depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for our blog to provide a username and email address. Those who engage in transactions with us – by purchasing access to any of our products, certifications and services, for example – are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Odyssia Learning collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with it. Odyssia Learning does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Odyssia Learning may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, it may monitor the most popular blogs. It may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Odyssia Learning does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience: Your information helps us to better understand your needs and wants and helps us improve our service and support.
- To improve our website: We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from our visitors and customers, your feedback is a very important tool and a marker for us to keep improving our website and service.
- To improve customer service: We continuously evaluate feedback from our visitors and customers and the information we receive helps us to more effectively and objectively respond to our customers and improve our support and service. Your information and feedback is an important element of our process of helping our customers and visitors have a seamless and better experience.
- To process transactions: Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to anyone for any reason whatsoever, without the explicit consent from you, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested by you and so provided by us.
- To send periodic emails: The email address you provide us for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your request be it product, certification, or service. In addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related products or service information, among other information, to update you on our new certifications and services.
- NOTE: Any time you would like to unsubscribe or do not want to receive any future emails from us, you just have to click on the box provided to unsubscribe and we will stop sending you emails. We provide detailed instructions on how to unsubscribe at the bottom of each email.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other website features.
How do we protect your information?
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Odyssia Learning discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on its behalf or to provide services available on its websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Odyssia Learning websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. We will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above.
We have implemented a variety of security measures and checks and balances to maintain the safety of your personal information when you access Odyssia Learning websites.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
Odyssia Learning discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when it believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Odyssia Learning, third parties or the public at large.
If you are a registered user of our website and have supplied your email address, we may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with the Company and our products. We primarily use our various product blogs to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum.
If you send us a request (for example, via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. We take all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information, we treat it as confidential information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our website policies, or protect others or ours rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products, services or information on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any comments and feedback about these sites.
If Odyssia Learning, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Odyssia Learning goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of it may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Comments and other content submitted to us are not saved on our servers unless they were marked as false positives, in which case we store them long enough to use them to improve the service to avoid future false positives.
Terms and Conditions
Please visit our Terms and Conditions sections establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.